Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Re-Fashion skirt from that dress I couldn't let go of


Ava had this pink polka dot dress that I was in love with. It has a matching doll that is so adorable!!! Well it doesn't fit anymore. Sad I know! So I decided to make it into a skirt. Fabulous right. It was super easy. I just cut the dress right below the harm pits so the bottom is already hemmed for you. (less work for us) so just fold a waste band over at the top and sew. Leave a little slot opened so you can get the elastic in. Add a piece of elastic that is the size of your little ones waste and you are done. How great right. I sewed on a little satin bow with one of the buttons that was on the back of the dress. Pair with some cute leg warmers and that dress you hate to let go of is back!

1 comment:

  1. Cute skirt! I started with hair bows as well. It's amazing how addicting crafting and sewing can be!

    http://imakestuff4fun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete